Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Let me show you to the door..

 I mentioned before I wanted something special for the door of the cabinet, I wanted a design to be cut into it to give it a real pop.. A friend of a friend does some laser cutting and I asked if he could burn something for me. So I whipped up a design and sent it over. It might look familiar (Sean you are not allowed to comment ha), I took the base of the an old Falcon design and cleaned it up and added the infinity symbol (my Craftworlds) above the falcon / phoenix's head.
 It also has the website on the bottom, it's a little harder to see at the moment but I'm going to paint the unstained areas. I wanted the door to be mostly stained so you can see the grain and what not, I think it adds something. I was trying to be careful until I realized the letters were going to be a huge pain and it really didn't matter since I'll be painting them anyway.
When it's done and painted it should look pretty close to this, just swap out the black for the stain color. I think it should looking pretty cool when all is said and done. I was hoping to get a little more done last night but I've been feeling like I'm on the edge of a cold and it hit me last night. I don't know if my Son or Wife had it first but now it's my turn..  Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment