Monday, January 27, 2014

Mired down in Muck..

This weekend I got to do some of the oil work. I Mucked up the Emperors Guard with Hammer and I'm really happy with where he's going. Now that I have most of the muck applied I'm going to start working on all the detail and finishing work then I'll go back and apply another light mud layer. I worked a good bit on the cloak and I think its really coming out looking worn and battered. Though now as I'm sitting here thinking about it I wish I would have made a few holes which might still be happening. But it probably doesn't need it..
 The shield is going to need a good bit of work still as does the hammer. I think I'll be playing around with ideas for it as I want it to have the same style on the Wraithknight's blade. There's a Eldar helmet on the base and since it's my own guys I'm going more with they are buddies and he's going in for revenge for a fallen comrade. No contentions between my little dude men... 8)
Before Muck..
 After Muck..
Before Muck..
 After Muck..
Before Muck..



 After Muck..

To make the muck look realistic you really have to pay attention to how you apply it. Think about where the muck would splash, where it would stick and where it would rub off. That's what will really make the difference. You'll also want to use a lot of different techniques of how i'ts applied, I'll brush some on, I'll rub some on with my fingers and I'll then dab it on very heavy. You can take a Q Tip swab and pull some of the cotton out of it and dab over places and it will give you a good breakup of stipple. It really does take some time but if you do it all right it will come out looking awesome... I think mine looks decent but there is a ton more that could be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment