Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm fitted for man or beast..

Last night I finished up the LasPlas turrent for the Razorback. It's pretty simply made.

1) Just chop the Las barrel off ( if you are going to magnetize it leave the brace attached to the bottom of the barrel.)
2) Cut the front of 2 Plasmaguns off right behing the hand grip.
3) Cut a square piece of Plasticard to mount them too ( this was for the fact I was going to magnetize it, and also helps you fit it to the Las base.
4) Glue it all together ( or add mags if you are going to)




I also added an aquila to the rear door.
And I've given this advice to all my friends .. never buy a rhino .. for a few dollars more just pick up the Razorback kit. You get both, And if you don't magnetize your weapons its always nice to have an extra turret. A pretty basic hint, but some people might not have paid it much attention. Especially if they haven't play a SM army yet.
And here are a couple of updated pics of the Termies. Still not finished but a little more color added.






3 comments:

  1. A little old school feel there with the plasma conversion I see. The magnets are a life saver when it comes to this kind of thing.

    The real question is, how did you come about the aquila attached to the back of the Rhino?

    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I wasn't thinking ahead and cut off the brace so it would have looked nutty. So this one is just glued haha. Live and Learn..

    I wish I could say my GS Foo is awesome and I made it but I Blue Stuffed a FW door and then GS'd it. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no shame in that. I've done the very same thing actually.

    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete