Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Don't Pull, Squeeze the trigger...

Last night I finished up the Ranger, I didin't' have much to do to finish him. I painted up the BP, added some grass to the base and then touched up some small details on his body. I cleared him with a satin first then went back and using the airbrush I cleared him with Liquitex Matte Varnish. So far I'm very happy with it and I'm hoping this will end my battle with clear coats. I'm going to start spraying it with the Gloss first to give it a good hard coat then I'll be going back and hitting it up with the Matte. It removes the sheen and gives it a good clear finish. It is thick so I cut it 2:1 with distilled water.




I also worked on the weather hatch I was talking about a little bit. It's all just playing around with this so I'm not really worried about it being an awesome finished piece. Just playing with different tech for doing weathering. No powders used yet, just stippling and some hairspray and sand. So far I think some of the tech has worked and I like the look of some of it. But there are also muddy parts that I'm not feeling.

I should work more on the Libr or the Baal but the Heavy Bolter IG squad has been calling my name haha.. so hard to stay focused.


No comments:

Post a Comment